Friday, December 15, 2006

sushi 1

These are my sweet friends David & Alicia. I met David through one of my graduate courses. We worked together on a team for our class and even enjoyed some tennis. (David is an excellent player and I am not. Enough said.) Later this semester he introduced me to his wife. It has been fun to get to know her bit by bit as the semester has continued on. David & Alicia met in Taiwan -- where they are originally from. They worked for the same company in different departments. Both of them are pursuing master's degrees at UNT. I enjoyed asking them lots of questions about the culture of dating in Taiwan. (I don't have anything profound to say at the moment about it, but I'd like to understand more how different cultures find a mate and even know the purpose for such matches.) Last month, the Wu's took me out for an all-you-can-eat sushi extravaganza. We ate a lot. And laughed a lot, enjoying ourselves immensely. I love getting to know David & Alicia and hope for a continued friendship with them in the future.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: