Tuesday, June 06, 2006

so what did you do this weekend?

It seems that a world is in motion that never crosses in front of me. I was reminded of this through the simple question asked to me on Monday, "So, what did you do this weekend?" One had gone to the bar to hang out with "friends" and watch the Mavs as they head higher into the finals. One had gone to Dallas to hang out with his girlfriend. And there were movies and many other exciting happenings that the weekend held for those around me.
What did I do? I worked! . . .picked up a little job doing event planning. . .an "after party" for 150 in attendance at a children's musical. Exciting? Maybe not for anyone else, but I had a blast! I went shopping. . . I ordered food and flowers and cake and made 20 personalized gift bags and searched the internet for coveted acorns. . . then executed the event-- all in all a 25 hour endeavor (and I got PAID!) And then I was very tired and slept well, though not long enough. And THAT was my weekend.

No comments: