Friday, March 09, 2007

ready for the weekend

Do you ever have that feeling, that heart, that DESIRE for something amazing to happen? Something BIG and wonderful and "sweep you off your feet"ish? I've been feeling that way for the last week or two. Things have been hard. Been sick (on antibiotics & allergy meds). Been trudging through work with what seems like a great weight on my shoulders.

I want MORE. More joy, more love, more peace. More security, more hope. . . and some rest.

Wednesday evening was a memorable night in my life. By 7:45 I had finished a final in an 8-week intensive Accounting course that I was taking for the MBA program I am working on. In case you have considered taking an 8-week intensive Accounting course, I have a recommendation: don't. This class passed the scale of "difficult" and moved into "survival of the fittest". I felt like a lawyer- or doctor-in-training. And that has passed. And I am happy.

This weekend I am rewarding myself: no schoolwork & a nap. Ah. . . life's simple pleasures.

No comments: