Monday, July 31, 2006

of note last week

A simple review of my last week:
(#1) I began working out with a "personal trainer". Why? because I have no muscle mass. (Please note that I need to write in detail about the reason I am working out. I was in the hospital for a prolonged stay at the beginning of this year as I battled for my life. I do need to write more about this, I just don't know how to explain it all. The short of it: God had mercy on me and kept me from dying and now I'm on the road to recovery.)
So, I started lifting weights.
(#2) My sweet friends Eddie & Megan Boyer are going to have a baby! This is probably the best news I've heard all week. I'm so thankful that the Lord would bless them with a child. I told everyone at work, but somehow they didn't share the same joy seeing as Eddie & Megan are strangers to them. . . but a BABY?! Who can't help but rejoice when a couple is expecting! Congratulations to the growing Boyer family.
(#3) I started planning for a special trip I've just been surprised with. The story: my sister recently became an RN and my mom was going to take her on a special trip. She decided she'd like to go on a cruise so they were booking a trip to Alaska. Mary asked Mom if I could join & my Mom (God bless her!) agreed. So I'm going on an all-expense paid trip to Alaska at the end of September. Can you believe it? My Papaw will be joining us. He's got a tux for formal night to take his three dates in style! I've got a lot of sale shopping to tend to if I'm going to be ready for this excursion.
(#4) And, ladies & gentlemen. . . The most exciting thing that happened to me last week. . . . are you ready?. . . .
I've been promoted to the ADVANCED adult beginners tennis class!
Yes, after months of beginner classes, I have attained the coveted ADVANCED beginner status. This has been 2 group lessons and 1 private lesson a week for months now. The day has come to get my tennis-skirted fanny kicked by all the folks who have been in ADVANCED beginners for months. But I'm ready. . . I'm excited. . .I've accomplished something (though insignificant to all who read this blog -- I dare you to give tennis a try!) And to my tennis buddy, Rebecca, you deserve to be recognized in this post. (Rebecca & I started group lessons the same week and decided to take our private lessons together when we were too afraid to do it by ourself!) Our instructor, Brandon, deserves some sort of award for not giving up on us. (and being the right balance of patient, encouraging and FIRM to kick my booty into action without causing me to give up.) I respect this guy. It's not easy to teach an old dog new tricks. ADVANCE beginners, here we come!
I must sign off for now as I need to pick up my new glasses and contacts. (Just a plug -- Sam's Club offers the best pricing on glasses and contacts that I've ever found. And I like a good deal. I highly recommend them.)
Blessings to you and those you love dearly.

No comments: